Welcome To Ramblings of a Single Momma!

Raise it, Make it, Bake it, Reshape it...We can do it ALL!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Army Party Planning

Yesterday I spent most of the day planning my 5 year old's birthday. He is hooked on playing Call of Duty: Black Ops with his daddy, so he wants an Army party this year. This is the cake he wants me to make: (not asking too much, lol) 
Sooo, I am going to attempt this cake, and after it is made, I will post pictures. The only part I am worried about is the flying helicopter, not too sure how I will make that one happen, I spent a couple of hours making his party invitations to take to his class, and this is what I came up with:
                                         This is the front
 And this is the back! So, what do ya think? Not the most creative  invites I have made, but I thought they were pretty darn cute!

Till next time...

2 comments:

Karen said...

I cracked up when I read his invitation. That is pretty darn creative. He will love it. As for the flying helicopter. Check at Target or Walmart where they have the Wilton cake making supplies. They have tier supports(they are plastic posts used when you make a tier cake) You could whittle a small hole in bottom of plastic helo and attach it to stick. Thus you have your flying copter. Love Ya

connie said...

I too cracked up when I read his invitation. He is a hoot. As for the cake I know you can do this. You are so creative and do so good with these kinds of things its unreal. Be sure and post plenty of pics. Love you.