Welcome To Ramblings of a Single Momma!

Raise it, Make it, Bake it, Reshape it...We can do it ALL!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Glitter Punkins!

Soo, I have been hearing so many good things about the new Krylon Glitter Blast spray. I had to run out and grab some to make some Halloween decorations with. That was easier said than done, by the way. I must have gone to 5 different places trying to find it, driving all over town...before I finally realized, Hey! I bet they have it at Michaels!...And they did! Yay! i was relieved. It is a little pricey, but so worth it.


My first attempt with the Glitter Blast, was to make Glitter Punkins. I took two real pumpkins, and blasted them with this glitter spray. This is what I started with:
And this is a during shot:
Now, a word of advice: Take this outside! I was a little loopy by the time I was done with the first pumpkin because it does have fumes similar to spray paint..Whew! So, that being said, do this one outside. There was a little over spray, but not bad at all, and it was very easy to clean up.So this is my final masterpiece. I call it my Faux Mantle, since we have no fireplace, I use the top of our entertainment center for our "mantle displays".
   And here is an up-close shot of the finished Glitter Punkins:
           Hope y'all like them, and have fun with the Glitter Blast!


 P.S. Please don't forget they are real pumpkins if that's what you choose to use. I did...and, well, to say the least... it makes for a messy cleanup if you go to pick one up and it has turned to mush!
Till next time...

Linked up with:

2 comments:

Chantelle @ Mommyx3=Insanity said...

LOVE glitter!!!! You did an excellent job in covering them completely too! Thanks for the comment and I am your newest follower!

Casa De Luna said...

I haven't used the glitter paint yet, but it looks like fun! Your pumpkins are super cute! I can only imagine the possibilities with this paint on Christmas projects!.