Welcome To Ramblings of a Single Momma!

Raise it, Make it, Bake it, Reshape it...We can do it ALL!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Two Lunches...


Okay, so I didn’t actually eat two lunches, I just attended two…loud…lunches at my little ones’ school. First I was “center" mom for the day, which basically means I help out and take a small group of kids and do various pre-planned projects that are related to math and reading with them. That was actually a lot of fun. I even had a little admirer, Sam. What a cutie pie. He got all the way up in my face and asked me what my name was, then after I told him, he proceeded to tell me: “I really like you!” with these little batting eyelashes. Soo adorable. It was really interesting watching my 5 year old interacting with his classmates. He is actually a lot calmer in class than I had expected…just to fill you in, he is a VERY energetic child, and even that is an understatement. 


My First Lunch: So when you come and eat lunch with your child at their school, you get to sit on “The Stage” and eat your lunch, and your child gets to pick one other kid from their class to eat with you. My son, chose a girl! Talk about funny, that girl never stopped talking for a second, but she was just as cute as a button. She proceeded to tell me all about how she already has a boyfriend…I can’t even type this without giggling…and that waaay back when she was four years old, the boy came to her house and said, “I am your boyfriend now.” Wow, I had no idea it worked that way, lol. If only it was that simple in  “real life”. Nevertheless, I had a great time listening to their stimulating conversation for about 45 minutes.


My Second Lunch: For my second lunch, the one I actually ate during, I ate with my daughter. She chose a little girl from her class who just happens to be a twin. I had no idea, but they actually keep twins together in the same class. All the way throughout school. That is very strange to me, because I would think you would want to keep them separate and develop their own identity. Strange. Anyways…I had a great time playing 20 questions with my daughter and her friend. Oh yeah, and I actually ate that time.


Right now, I am actually sitting here at the park, watching the little ones play, and enjoying this yummy weather we are having here in North Georgia. Soo..I am going to jump off here for now, and get back to playing with the kiddos in this beautiful weather. When I get back home, I will post some of the awesome crafts I have seen for my, not-quite-Halloween decorations.

Till next time...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at lunch with the kiddos...and got a little education along the way. FOFL They are both so adorable and of course that's not because they are my great-grandchildren. :-) I'm sure you are going to have many more great times at school with them and their friends.