Welcome To Ramblings of a Single Momma!

Raise it, Make it, Bake it, Reshape it...We can do it ALL!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Easiest Rug Ever!!!

Hey y'all! I definitely missed getting on here while I was moving...trust me, I would have much rather been blogging than drowning in boxes! I swear my stuff multiplied while I wasn't looking, giggles! So...needless to say, I am ready to jump right in with a new project, so here goes...

This one was pretty much born out of necessity. My beautiful new home has a ceramic tile throughout with the look of a decorative wood. That can make for a cold floor in the mornings, so I really wanted to get an area rug for the family room. But...after the move we were not really in the position to go out and blow a bunch of money on a rug, so I came up with this: Bamboo Place Mat Rug. Now...just to let you all know, I did come up with this idea, but that is not to say that I was the first...it was so incredibly easy that I am sure someone else must have done this before, so if you know of anyone, feel free to credit them in the comments. 

First I started out with 12 bamboo place mats (I chose 2 different color styles to give it a pattern, but you could also do them all matching) that i got at Wal-Mart for $1.50 a piece. Add a roll of duck tape to that and you have all of the supplies you need...does it get any better than that?!?


Next I started taping all of the edges together on the backside of the place mats... and you also can't really go wrong here because they were the same on both sides. 


And that is basically it! After you have taped all of the edges together, you will end up with a beautiful custom bamboo rug (that basically only costs under 20 bucks!) that looks something like this:



I hope y'all have fun making your Beautiful Bamboo Place Mat Area Rugs!!    Have fun!!

Till next time...


P.S. Yay! I am not having to use my phone's camera anymore! And just a side note, if you want to put something under your rug to make it non-slip, you can use that no-slip cabinet liner, it works perfect, and is super cheap! 

No comments: